The rise of unsubsidised offshore wind projects across the continent will pose challenges to the traditional approach to selling power. This panel will unpack the impact that subsidy-free development will have on the industry and explore:
- The role of cPPAs in an unsubsidised market
- Are banks ready for a world of merchant?
- Hedging mechanisms to reduce merchant risk
- Evaluating what risks you will take
- Is bank debt the answer or are there other structures within capital markets you can lean on?
- Lessons from onshore wind