Green hydrogen offers a huge opportunity to decarbonise heavy industry and to promote growth in the wind sector but to deliver on the promise, there are barriers to overcome. This session will uncover lender and investor appetite in the market, how the cost of equipment is changing, where governments are fostering local industries and what the offtake market for hydrogen looks like.
- Turning the hype into reality – how close are we to developing a green hydrogen market, powered by wind, at scale?
- What are the costs likely to look like (electrolyser capital cost, wind cost)?
- What do investors and lenders need to see to meet the need of this new market?
- How will lenders and investors assess the risk in a new market of hardware suppliers?
- How will manufacturers scale to a GW market?
- Is there a need for a support mechanism?