Green hydrogen offers a huge opportunity to decarbonise heavy industry and to promote growth in the wind sector but to deliver on the promise, there are barriers to overcome. This session will uncover lender and investor appetite in the market, how the cost of equipment is changing, where governments are fostering local industries and what the offtake market for hydrogen looks like.
- Turning the hype into reality – how close are we to developing a green hydrogen market, powered by wind, at scale?
- Can investors and lenders meet the need of this new market?
- How will lenders and investors meet the demands of assessing the risk in a new market of hardware suppliers?
- Is there a need for a support mechanism?
- Negotiating an offtake agreement – do large industrials represent an untapped cPPA market?